Some Maine Pretty to Brighten Your Day

Hi. Barb here. Or rather, Barb in the hospital recuperating from knee replacement surgery.

So, to give myself a bit of a break and celebrate the end of the summer season, I thought I would share some pretty.

Back in February, I posted about how my husband, Bill Carito, had taken an iphone photography course and was taking a photo a day while we were in Key West. You can see those photos here.

Not only has he kept it up since, then, but he’s taken several additional online iphone courses.

Here are some photos from this summer. Honestly, there are too many to choose from. If you want to follow his project, you can friend him on Facebook here.

boothbaymcw2 boothbaymcw3 boothbaymcw4 boothbaymcw5 boothbaymcw6 boothbaymcw7 boothbaymcw8 boothbaymcw9 boothbaymcw10

About Barbara Ross

Barbara Ross is the author of the Maine Clambake Mysteries: Clammed Up, Boiled Over, Musseled Out, Fogged Inn and Iced Under. The sixth book, Stowed Away, will be published in December, 2017. You can visit her website at http://www.maineclambakemysteries.com.
This entry was posted in Barb's Posts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Some Maine Pretty to Brighten Your Day

1. Edith says:

Bill’s got a talented eye! He should enter some of these in some contest or other. Very pretty – and striking.

(And healing thought to you, Barb.)

2. Jewel Hanley says:

Hope you are up and around soon. Your husband is good. Enjoyed the pics.

3. Ang Pompano says:

I’m a big fan of Bill’s photography but I never realized that he was using a phone. Amazing talent!
    Hope you are on your feet soon, Barb.

4. Love them! Miss Shrimp made me laugh — the title not the girl.

5. Lovely photos, Bill. Bravo!

On the knee replacement, wishing you a good recuperation, Barb. I have not had a replacement (yet) but did have knee surgery a few years ago and cannot say enough about the skill of the physical therapist. I hated him for a while, but grew to appreciate his ability to make me strong again.

Chant with me now: PT! PT! PT! Yaaaaay, PT!

6. Janet Lomba says:

Barbara, thanks for sharing. I especially loved the one of the little girl in the boots on the shore, but they were all great!

7. I am a huge fan of Bill’s and enjoy his photos from Maine and Key West. I like all of the ones here, but I am so drawn in by the one of the decaying house that once must have been grand! It makes me want to whip my pen out and start writing.
    Barb, I wish a quick recovery and that you get lots of reading and writing done while you are off your feet.

8. First, I hope you’re up and around and good as new very shortly! And Bill’s photos are really lovely. My favorite is the tumbledown cottage with the Do Not Enter sign. It’s a writing prompt – a story demanding to be told! Thanks for sharing.

9. Ruth Nixon says:

Bill’s eye for getting very special pictures is sure growing. The pictures make me want to save that decaying house and know it’s story and love all the pictures with kids in them. Glad you are doing so well and that new knee makes life even better for you. Ruth

10. Nina Hayes says:

Hope you are up & about soon Barb. Billy has some truly fantastic photos. Loved them all. Next year I want to see YOU as Miss Shrimp 2016!

11. Kate Cone says:

Get well soon, Barb! And shoutout to Bill — wow! Hope to see you both at Crimebake!

12. Great pictures Barb (and Bill). Sending more healing thoughts your way. Just one word of warning–don’t overdo! Slow and steady and all that.

Thanks everybody. Having a better day today. Onward and upward.

14. Amber Foxx says:

Thanks for sharing these. Hope your new knee does well. Thanks for sharing these. It was a like a short trip to Maine.

15. great photos! One good one still is worth 1,000 words.

16. Lil Gluckstern says:

I’m late to the show. I really like the picture-everyone else said why. I do hope your knee is better soon. Knees seem to give out easily.