An End Inspires a Beginning: A Wedding in Midcoast Maine

Liz Wait, 1st day home in America … age 9. Liz was born in Calcutta, India

Liz & Herman saying their vows in front of my home; our friend Sally Bullard did the honors

Lea Wait, here, reporting from warm and glorious midcoast Maine, and delighted to announce that yesterday my youngest daughter, Elizabeth Purnima Wait, and her (admittedly long-time) fiance, Herman Joseph McNeal, both of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, were married at my home.

As many of you know, I adopted my four daughters when I was a single parent. They were all born in different Asian countries, and after they came home they attended school in  New Jersey and visited Maine in the summertime. Over the years I’ve watched proudly as they all chose different futures, in different states, and became independent adults. Liz and Joe had been engaged since 2004, and were clearly in no hurry to rush their vows … but Joe lost both of his parents recently, and when they found out I was ill, they decided

The bride and her mom

they wanted me to see them marry.

Lea, with daughters Ali Hall, Liz McNeal Wait, Caroline Childs & Becky Wynne

The result? All four of my daughters were together yesterday for the first time in many years, we laughed, drank champagne, and Liz and Joe became Mr. and Mrs. It was a lovely day, full of memories, and hopes for a future I won’t be here to see, but that I firmly believe in.

In every end there are beginnings, and I was thrilled to have been a small part of this one.

My brother-in-law Bob O’Malley, my sister, Doris Wait, me, granddaughter Vanessa Ali Hall, the bride and groom, Caroline Childs & Becky Wynne

Vanessa, Ali, Caroline, Liz

About Lea Wait

I write mysteries - the Mainely Needlepoint, Shadows Antique Print and, coming in June of 2018, the Maine Murder mysteries (under the name Cornelia Kidd.) When I was single I was an adoption advocate and adopted my four daughters. Now my mysteries and novels for young people are about people searching for love, acceptance, and a place to call home. My website is http://www.leawait.com To be on my mailing list, send me a note at leawait@roadrunner.com
This entry was posted in Lea's Posts, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to An End Inspires a Beginning: A Wedding in Midcoast Maine

1. Tina M Swift says:

Congratulations! I’m sending many happy wishes your way!

2. Dee White says:

Your daughter made a lovely bride, and her sisters are equally beautiful. Congratulations on being the mother of the bride.
    You are in my prayers daily. I hope you have many more happy days like this one.

Liked by 2 people

3. Anonymous says:

So happy for the Wait family that you all had this beautiful occasion to celebrate one another. You continue to inspire.

4. bocamp says:

Congratulations, wonderful occasion and I know you enjoyed having all your daughters together to celebrate the occasion and your life. Prayers continue for you. Life each day to the fullest!

5. Marian McMahon Stanley says:

Oh, too wonderful, Lea. Hardly know what to say. You’re leaving a grand legacy.

Liked by 1 person

6. What a blessing they could have you – and the whole family – together at this joyous time, Lea. Hugs.

7. bethc2015 says:

A joyous gathering and a wonderful family you created. You inspire people in so many different ways.

8. Earlean says:

Beautiful family.congratulations liz and Joe

9. Laurayne Presby says:

What a spectacular day you had. Glad you had this special occasion. Liz was radiant. What a beautiful setting for a wedding. Thank you for sharing. Seeing these pictures brought back fond memories of you, Doris and all the rest of your family along with many hours spent at your lovely home. Take care Lea.

10. kaitlynkathy says:

Lovely photos, Lea. Good to see you all looking so happy. Hugs.

11. Barbara Ross says:

Congratulations! How lovely to see you all together on a happy occasion. Congratulations to Liz and Herman.

Liked by 1 person

12. Wonderful day of memories made together.

13. Brenda Buchanan says:

How wonderful! Happy news all around! Congratulations to Liz and Joe!

Liked by 1 person

14. Lea, thank you for sharing this beautiful story. You can truly see the love within your family. You were in no way a small part of that day. You were the heart of that day just as you have been every day your daughters have been in your life. God bless you.

Liked by 1 person

Thank you. I am in happy tears reading this. Hugs to you all.

16. Merrilee Brown says:

A glorious story!

17. Mary Anne Tomlinson Sullivan says:

Your daughter was a beautiful bride. So glad you had all your daughters, a granddaughter, and other family members there to enjoy a beautiful day and event. I wish the bride & groom every happiness and you, Lea, the joy and peace of mind that she is well launched in life. Glad you could enjoy this special event.

18. Anonymous says:

What a lovely way to be together…congratulations.

• Anne Cass says:

Forgot my name. Posting again: what a lovely pice, Lea…and a wonderful gathering. Congratulations to your daughter and son-in-law, and continued grace to you.

19. Clea says:

So much love here! I’m so glad.

20. Parker Brown-Nesbit says:

Congratulations to the happy couple! May they have a life that’s filled with good things.