by Barb, who is already in Toronto happily awaiting her fellow Maine Crime Writers
Four of the Maine Crime Writers, Brenda Buchanan, Dick Cass, Bruce Robert Coffin, and Barbara Ross, will be in Toronto this week for Bouchercon, the World Mystery conference. We’d love to talk to you anytime you run into us at the conference. That’s a big part of the fun of these cons. But you can also find some of us in particular places at particular times. Here they are:
Wednesday, October 11, 1:00 to 6:00, Barb will be attending the SinC into Great Writing, Alex Sokoloff’s workshop, Screenwriting Tricks for Authors, sponsored by Sisters in Crime National. (Pre-registration required.)
Thursday, October 12,
- 8:00 am to 10:00 am, Bruce Robert Coffin will be Author Speed Dating–that is taking 2 minutes to describe his work to each of 22 tables filled with readers, in Grand Ballroom East.
- Noon to 4:30 pm, Barbara Ross will be at the autographing free books at the Kensington Hospitality Suite in the Grand Ballroom Foyer along with many other Kensington authors. They’ll be passing out cool glasses cases and micro-cleaning clothes (see below).
- 8:00 to 9:00 pm, (or immediately after the opening ceremonies) Bruce Robert Coffin will be signing at the HarperCollins book signing eventin the Grand Ballroom West.
Saturday, October 14,
- 8:30 to 9:30 am, Barbara Ross will be on the panel, “A Recipe for Death,” cooking up culinary mystery plots, with Leslie Budewitz, Maya Corrigan, Suzanne Trauth, and Linda Wiken (aka Erika Chase), and Mo Walsh moderating in Sheraton B, and signing immediately after in the book room.
- 4:00 to 5:00 pm, Brenda Buchanan will be moderating with panel, “The Reporters,” Enemies of the People or Champion of the Oppressed? with Julia Dahl, Gwen Florio, Christina Kovak, Antti Tuomainen, Rich Zahradnik, in Sheraton E, with signing immediately after in the book room.
If you’re at Bouchercon, please say hello!
Readers: Will you be at Bouchercon 2017? Have you ever been? Would you like to go?