Jayne Hitchcock here – I’m getting over bronchitis, so I’m doing a quick post for today.
I figured I’d tell you some things you probably didn’t know about me.
1. I’ve been writing since I was very young. I still have a play I wrote when I was eight years old (seriously). I may even post it here if I can find time to retype it. It was about monsters and the school I was in let me direct it.
2. I was the editor of my high school paper the three years I was in school (I skipped my Junior year).
3. I wrote a column for our local paper in Oxnard, California when I was a Senior in high school
4. Although I grew up in California, I was born in Saco, Maine
5. I was in advertising for quite a few years as a copywriter and even had my own ad agency for a few years before my late husband got transferred to California for three years in 1989
6. In 1992 I moved to Okinawa, Japan and worked for an off base newspaper called Japan Update. Because my husband was in the Marines, I had to get permission from the base General before taking on the job. I wrote articles for them the three years I was there.
7. Okinawa is where I got my first six books published – all of them about Japan (see my web site for info on these)
8. I took the Writer’s Digest writing course via snail mail while in Okinawa (they didn’t have the Internet back then, ha ha)
9. The first article I wrote as a result of that course was about llamas. I got to interview the actor Dennis Weaver for it – he had a llama farm.
10. I am a huge Star Wars nerd. Ask my husband!